1. Pick up your boat and trailer from the Docks – This will need to be done with a tow truck as it is illegal to tow an unregistered vehicle.
2. Deliver you boat and trailer to your chosen storage facility. We can recommend some storage solutions if you need them.
3. Remove boat from trailer and moor or dry store your boat (this will be done for you if you are using a commercial storage facility).
4. Deliver your trailer to Bold Trailers (again – a tow truck needs to be used as it is illegal to tow and unregistered vehicle)
5. Bold Trailers will assess the trailer and note the modifications required for your trailer to comply with Australian Standards. (This will not be done at the time of dropping off the trailer)
6. Bold Trailers will provide a written quote for the trailer modifications.
7. Bold Trailers will phone you to discuss your trailer. If possible we would prefer you to drop into the workshop and discuss your trailer in person.
8. You will need to advise Bold Trailers what work you would like us to carry out and provide approval for this work by signing a job card.
9. Bold Trailers will proceed with the modifications approved by you.
10. Bold Trailers will test your trailer.
11. Bold Trailers will organise your weigh bridge ticket.
12. Bold Trailers will organise your Blue or Brown Slip.
13. Bold Trailers will phone you when your trailer is completed.
14. Attend the Bold Trailers workshop for final inspection of the trailer repairs, pay invoice and collect registration paperwork.
15. Take paperwork to RTA (There is one locally) and register trailer.
16. If Bold Trailers has organised your boat to be stored at their recommended storage facility they can return your trailer there for you. If not, collect trailer form Bold Trailers workshop.
17. Enjoy your new trailer.