Finding a quality second hand boat trailer can be a difficult exercise. Bold Trailers sells second hand boat trailers and you can get 1st to know access to these boat trailers by signing up to our new mailing list just for you.
Simply enter your details and we will email you with the details of any second hand boat trailers we have for sale throughout the year.
Folding boat trailers are a great way to enjoy boating. When used correctly you can enjoy many happy hours of boating and kayaking and then store your trailer out of the way until you want to use it again. While this is a great solution for many who have downsized or don’t have the space to store a traditional boat trailer, they do come with limitations both in their usage capability and boat carrying capability.
1. Folding boat trailers are perfect to be folded up into the boot of your car, on the roof racks or on the back of your van and put together at your holiday destination for local, short distance usage. They are also great for those who are lucky enough to live very short distances from their local boat ramp. You often see a holiday traveller with a tinny on the top of a camper trailer and the folding boat trailer stowed in their boot or on the roof racks.
2. Folding boat trailers are not designed to be used at high speeds on open roads. The small wheel size limits travel speeds on most brands to approximately 60 – 80km/h. If you will be travelling on freeways or highways you should invest in a sturdy non folding boat trailer with 13” rims and tyres.
3. Folding boat trailers are designed to hold smaller, lightweight boats like tinnies and inflatables – not something the size of a Bayliner 1750.
4. Typically folding boat trailers do not have springs or suspension. This is because they are not designed to carry very heavy loads. The lack of springs also keeps the weight of the folding trailer down and makes it easier to assemble.
5. If you plan to use your folding boat trailer on a public road you must get it registered.
6. You still need to service and maintain your folding trailer, including the bearings, wheels and lights.
7. Know the origin of your folding trailer. There are a few folding boat trailers on the market, both Australian and imported brands, and you need to ask questions and be aware about the availability of replacement parts and warranties.
Bold Trailers stocks a range of folding boat trailers from various brands including popular brands Dunbier and Bulldog. If you are thinking about buying a folding boat trailer give us a call on 8544-8114 to discuss the best option for you.
The fabulous team at Powered Life gave us a Morphie Powerstation PRO to test out. In one word: excellent!
This portable power pack when fully charged has enough power to charge my HTC M one 8 mobile phone to full capacity twice.
Its tough design kept up with the demands of being tossed around a car, in a caravan repair workshop, numerous outdoor activities and from handbag to school bag.
It was easy to charge too. I charged it via plugging it into a mobile phone wall charger, the USB port on our TV, the USB port on my laptop and desktop and the USB port on my office printer. It charged almost as fast plugged into the car.
Its beautifully universal design accommodates USB and micro USB chargeable devices including smartphones; all iPhones, iPads, iPad Mini, iPods; most tablets and Kindle/e-readers.
The Morphie Powerstation Pro is impact and splash resistant – perfect for camping and boating activities. Its 6000mAh capacity will keep you charged for days. It has an easy to see light up power capacity gauge letting you know how much charge is left in the power pack.
The Morphie Powerstation Pro is rated to IP65. It has been tested using international standards for dust and water resistance (IP = Ingress Protection). A rating of 65 means that this device is totally dust-proof (with the ports closed) and resistant to water being sprayed at it with a water-jet.
For extra power on the go check out the Morphie Powerstation PRO.
Upon being presented with my review model Otterbox Defender Phone Case the first thing that struck me was how bright pink it was. The second thing was the sturdiness of the case. The inner shell of plastic with clear screen protector encases the phone top to bottom and secures to it using a number of snap locks around the case. This is then covered by the soft rubber casing which provides a easily holdable surface in which to hold the phone.
To put the case through its paces I took it camping with me for a weekend on the south coast, My friends were quite interested in my new case and immediately decided to test it by dropping my phone on the ground from head height (thanks guys). However this did not phase it one bit, in fact it performed flawlessly over a weekend of being bounced around the cabin of my 4X4 on the rough tracks and mud of the 4×4 tracks.
After its initial weekend of testing the case had its next test, surviving workshop conditions in the hands of a mechanic. Despite being used and abused while I worked, the only sign of any wear is that its once bright pink now has a slightly blacker tinge to it.
Overall this case is extremely sturdy and I have no hesitation recommending to anyone who needs a case to protect their phone in tough working environments.
Easy to take apart for cleaning
Screen protector helps prevent greasy marks
Makes Overall size of phone noticeably larger.
Bit fiddly to plug in charger.
A big thanks to Powered Life for supplying the Otterbox Defender case. Check out the Otterbox Defender Cases at Poweref Life